What Information Do We Collect?
· Personal Information
In describing the information we collect, the term “personal data” refers to information that tells us specifically who you are, such as your name, company name, phone number, email or postal address. In many cases, we need this information to provide the products or services that you have requested. Unless necessary to provide our products and services, the amount of personal information that you choose to disclose to Codership is completely up to you. The only way we know something about you personally is if you provide it to us. In order to process certain transactions, we may also need to collect payment information from you which will not be shared with anyone outside of Codership, its affiliates and the financial institutions and vendors used to process payments. We do not intentionally collect any sensitive information, such as information concerning race, religion, health, sexual orientation or political beliefs. Please do not send any sensitive personal information to us.
· Voluntary Information
We receive and store any information you voluntarily communicate to us in connection with your use of our Site or which you may voluntarily communicate to us by any other mean. You may choose not to provide certain information we request from you. However, if you so elect, we may not be able to provide our products and services, and you might not be able to access or take full advantage of the features and functionality of the Site. Once you initiate a voluntary transaction, we will ask you for certain information depending upon the nature of the transaction in question. For example:
· When you request our products or services, we collect your name, company name, address, phone number and email address.
· When you contact us concerning downloads or with general inquiries, we ask for the information we need in order to answer your question as quickly and as accurately as we can. We ask for your email address in order to be able to reply directly or to ask for additional information necessary to respond to your question.
· When you submit a request to receive our newsletter, we ask for your email address to deliver the newsletter.
· We ask for your name, company name, email address, phone number and country to register you to attend our webinars and conferences upon your request.
· When you participate in chat discussions or other public forums on the Site, any information posted in these areas of the Site becomes public information, and you should exercise care when disclosing personal information.
· Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using our Site.
· Monitor and understand aggregate visitor usage patterns at the Site, as well as estimate and report our total visitor size and traffic at the Site.
· Identify problems experienced by visitors as they use our Site and to conduct research and analysis to debug the content and services available at the Site.
· Help us develop and improve our products, services and the design, layout and functionality of the Site.
· Information from Third Parties
From time to time, we may also receive personal information about you from our business partners and affiliates and add it to our account information about you.
How do we use the information we collect?
Until you initiate a voluntary transaction with us, we do not collect any personal information about you. The information we collect is generally used to:
· enable us to communicate with you;
· provide you with our products and services;
· process requests for information or otherwise as necessary to perform an agreement between you and Codership;
· improve or add features, functionality and content to our Site;
· provide you with a more personalized experience at the Site;
· notify you about our new products, services and/or special offers or updates or improvements to our existing products and services.
· Email and other Correspondence
We may send you email or other forms of correspondence that are intended to notify you of our new products, services, special offers or updates or improvements to our existing products and services. You have the right to “opt-out” and prohibit use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. If you prefer not to receive any such email correspondence or marketing information concerning our products and services, please contact us at email@example.com or click “unsubscribe” as instructed in any email from us.
· Disclosure to Third Parties
The information that we collect from you via the Site and otherwise is an integral part of our business, and Codership is not in the business of selling or renting your personal information to third parties. Codership shares your personal information only with (i) its subsidiaries and affiliates around the world; and (ii) specified third parties under the conditions described below:
o Partners and Third Parties
Codership may submit personal information to third parties as required or necessary to fulfill its services and/or performance of obligations. For example, Codership may share personal information with its partners to enable a partner to provide support to a customer or where required to make a sale in a particular country. From time to time, Codership may employ or engage other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf. Such third parties may have access to your personal information if such is required in order to perform their service functions and may not use such information for any other purposes. Codership maintains ownership and control of the information so used.
o Disclosure Required by Law
Codership may release your personal information if it believes such release is necessary to comply with law.
o Disclosure with your consent
Other than as described in the foregoing, you will receive prior notice from us in the event we propose to share your personal information with third parties, and you will have a reasonable opportunity to elect not to share the information.
o Opt-out” and complaint procedures
In addition to the options made available to you when we collect information (if any), you may elect to “opt-out” of having your personal information shared with third parties (except for uses specifically requested by you). You must submit a request (by mail, e-mail, fax, or telephone) to us in one of the following ways:
· By mail address: Codership Oy, Pohjolankatu 64, 00640 Helsinki, Finland.
· By e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
· By phone: +358505179059
We will update the specific records related to your request as promptly as practical. Note, however, that you may receive additional communications after you submit your request while we process the request. Additionally, your information may exist in multiple lists within Codership, and our technology limits the processing of opt-out requests to the specific list source.
Correcting your information, inquires and complaints
We want any information you provide to be correct, so you have the ability to change the information we have about you. You may object to the collection, transfer, storage and processing of your information at any time. In such a case, you may not be able to engage in an activity on the Site or Codership may not be able to provide its products and services to you. You also may object to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time without giving reasons via email at email@example.com or unsubscribe our emails.
Our Site has commercially reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, you should keep in mind that this Site is run on software, hardware, and networks, any component of which may, from time to time, require maintenance, experience problems or breaches of security. Also, only limited number of Codership’s personnel have the access to the personal data.
What About Links to Other Websites?
This Site contains links to other websites that are not under our control. These websites have their own policies regarding privacy. For your own protection, you should review the policies upon visiting these other sites to make sure they meet your expectations of privacy.
About Children’s Privacy
Our website is intended for a general audience and is not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Notification of Changes