Codership is pleased to announce the release of Galera Cluster 5.5.48 and 5.6.29 with Galera Replication library 3.15, implementing wsrep API version 25.
The library is now available as targeted packages and package repositories for a number of Linux distributions, including, RHEL, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, CentOS, OpenSUSE and SLES. Obtaining packages using a package repository removes the need to download individual files and facilitates the deployment and upgrade of Galera nodes.
This and future releases will be available from http://www.galeracluster.com. The source repositories and bug tracking are now on http://www.github.com/codership .
This release incorporates all changes up to MySQL 5.5.48 and 5.6.29.
New features and notable fixes in Galera replication since last binary release by Codership (3.14):
- fixes for compiling on Alpha / HP PA / s390x architectures (codership/galera#389)
- A Contribution agreement was added in order to facilitate future contributions (codership/galera#386)
New features and notable changes in MySQL-wsrep since last binary release by Codership (5.6.28):
- A new variable, wsrep_dirty_reads can be used to enable reading from a non-primary node
- A new variable, wsrep_reject_queries can be used to instruct a node to reject incoming queries or terminate existing connections
- Issuing FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK will cause the node to stop participating in flow control so that the other nodes do not become blocked (MW-252)
- The wsrep_sst_xtrabackup script has been updated from the upstream project
- A Contribution agreement was added in order to facilitate future contributions to the project
Notable bug fixes in MySQL-wsrep:
- If wsrep_desync is already set, running DDL under RSU could fail (MW-246)
- Wrong auto_increment values could be generated if Galera was a slave to an asyncronous master that is using STATEMENT replication (MW-248)
- If a prepared statement was a victim of a conflict and Galera attempted to rerun it, the slave could abort (MW-255)
New features and notable changes and bug fixes in MySQL 5.6.29:
- yaSSL has been upgraded to version 2.3.9
- A new session variable –innodb-tmpdir can be used to specify a separate temporary directory for ALTER TABLE operations
- DROP TABLE statements that contain non-regular characters may cause replication to break (MySQL Bug #77249)