Codership is pleased to announce the release of Galera Cluster 5.5.46 and 5.6.27 with Galera Replication library 3.13, implementing wsrep API version 25.
Galera Cluster is now available as targeted packages and package repositories for a number of Linux distributions, including Ubuntu, Red Hat, Debian, Fedora, CentOS, OpenSUSE and SLES. Obtaining packages using a package repository removes the need to download individual files and facilitates the deployment and upgrade of Galera nodes.
This and future releases will be available from http://www.galeracluster.com, while previous releases remain available on LaunchPad. The source repositories and bug tracking are now on http://www.github.com/codership.
New features and notable changes in Galera Cluster and the Galera library:
- security fix for the LogJam issue. The key length used for creating Diffie-Hellman keys has been increased to 2,048 bits.
- a “compat” package is now provided to allow MySQL-wsrep to be installed without removing packages such as Postfix which depend on older MySQL versions
- The MySQL-wsrep packages are now built with OpenSSL rather than YaSSL (codership/mysql-wsrep#121)
- Galera error messages have been enhanced to contain the current schema name along with the query (codership/mysql-wsrep#202)
- IB atomic builtins are no longer used when compiling as they may cause the server to hang (codership/mysql-wsrep#221)
- query cache is now compatible with wsrep_sync_wait (codership/mysql-wsrep#201)
- a deadlock could occur between the applier thread and an aborted transaction (codership/mysql-wsrep#184)
- a memory leak could occur when using SHOW STATUS (codership/galera#308)
- DDL was not recorded in InnoDB header, causing InnoDB to recover to an earlier position (codership/mysql-wsrep#31)
- an assertion could happen with Prepared Statements (codership/mysql-wsrep#125, codership/mysql-wsrep#126)
- the ‘could not find key from cert index’ warning will no longer be printed in certain situations (codership/galera#361)
- fix compilation on the latest Debian release (codership/galera#321)
- fix compilation on FreeBSD
- several fixes to the build scripts to support various distros and architectures (codership/galera#321)