Codership is pleased to announce a new release of Galera Cluster for MySQL consisting of MySQL-wsrep 5.6.34 and Galera 3.19, wsrep API version 25.
This release includes enhancements to make cluster restarts faster and safer, which we will be blogging about over the coming days. It also incorporates all changes up to MySQL 5.6.34, including security fixes.
This and future releases will be available from http://www.galeracluster.com.
The source repositories and bug tracking are now on http://www.github.com/codership.
New features and notable fixes in the Galera replication library since last binary release by Codership (3.18):
- A new wsrep provider option, gcache.recover, enables gcache to be recovered at restart. This allows the restarted node to serve IST to any other nodes that are also starting, which may speed up whole-cluster restarts.
- An additional protection against restarting a cluster using a node that may not have all the transactions has been implemented. Unless a node was the last one to be shut down from the previous cluster, Galera will refuse to bootstrap from it until explicit action is taken by the operator.
- Galera would refuse to start on PPC64EL (lp1633226, GAL-418)
- Galera would crash or enter an infinite loop in the asio library (GAL-416)
- It was not possible to set pc.wait_prim and pc.wait_prim_timeout options using wsrep_provider_options (GAL-360, codership/galera#360)
- For security reasons, SSLv2, SSLv3, TLS 1.0 will no longer be negotiated during SSL handshake (codership/galera#428)
Notable bug fixes in MySQL-wsrep:
- The ALTER USER statement is now replicated correctly (MW-305, codership/mysql-wsrep#292, lp1376269)
- The wsrep_max_ws_rows could cause SELECT queries that use temporary tables to return an error (MW-309, lp1638138)
New features, notable changes and bug fixes in Oracle MySQL 5.6.34:
- Incompatible change: The behavior of the –secure_file_priv option has changed and additional checks are performed on the value at server startup. The default value on most platforms has been changed to /var/lib/mysql-files. That directory is created at package installation time.
- The yaSSL library has been upgraded to 2.4.2.
Galera Cluster is available as targeted packages and package repositories for a number of Linux distributions, including Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, CentOS, RHEL, OpenSUSE and SLES. Obtaining packages using a package repository removes the need to download individual files and facilitates the deployment and upgrade of Galera nodes.
Known issues with this release:
- If using the Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial package, the server can not be bootstrapped using systemd. Please use the SysV init script with the ‘bootstap’ option to bootstrap the node. Note that a server that has been started that way can not be controlled via systemd and must be stopped using the SysV script. Normal server startup and shutdown is possible via systemd.