Coderhsip is pleased to announce that latest release of Galera Cluster for MySQL now supports MySQL 5.5
Downloads both MySQL 5.5 and 5.6 can be found from galeracluser.com/downloads. We are also releasing Galera now 3.10, wsrep API version 25.
This and future releases will be available from Galera Cluster Downloads, while previous releases remain available on LaunchPad. The source repositories and bug tracking are now on http://www.github.com/codership.
Galera Cluster is now available as targeted packages and package repositories for a number of Linux distributions, including Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, CentOS, OpenSUSE and SLES. Obtaining packages using a package repository removes the need to download individual files and facilitates the deployment andupgrade of Galera nodes.
New features and notable changes in MySQL-wsrep since last binary release by Codership (5.5.37):
– The wsrep_causal_reads variable has been deprecated. A new variable, wsrep_sync_wait, has been introduced to allow causal checks to be specified separately for selects, updates and inserts (lp:1277053)
– improved support for distributions based on the .deb package format, such as Ubuntu
Notable bug fixes in MySQL-wsrep:
– getifaddr() rather than ifconfig is used to detect the IP of the node, resulting in better compatibility with newer Linux distributions (codership/mysql-wsrep#45) .
– Table administration commands such as CHECK TABLE are now replicated (lp:1046726)
– Improvements in the replication of events (lp:1312618)
– SST could fail with thousands of tables (lp:1294431)
– Character unique keys could cause false certification failures (lp:1314854)
– Node aborts if it first joins a non-primary component (lp:1334606)
– Rsync SST could fail if the rsync port is already taken (lp:1099783)
New features and notable changes in MySQL 5.5.38 – 5.5.42:
– Support for SSL 2.0 and 3.0 has been disabled as they provide weak encryption;
– Security issue with ALTER TABLE … ADD FOREIGN KEY has been fixed (Bug #19471516, Bug #73650)
– yaSSL was upgraded to version 2.3.7;
– TRUNCATE TABLE is logged only when it executes successfully, in order to prevent inconsistencies. (Bug #17942050, Bug #71070)
– Various fixes in InnoDB and native MySQL replication;
Known issues with this release:
– There is a package conflict on CentOS 6/7 which requires manual removal of postfix, mysql and mariadb libraries before installing mysql-wsrep
Release Notes for Galera Replication Library 3.10
Codership is pleased to announce the release of Galera Replication library 3.10, implementing wsrep API version 25.
New features and notable fixes in Galera replication since last binary release by Codership (3.9):
– Improved support for running garbd under systemd and other minor packaging improvements;